Gardening Proverb:

"To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm just dying to get my garden planted!

Enuf with the crappy February weather already! (Although Rose Fest just started, so we have just about 2 weeks of bad weather left, then we can go to Summer)
3 squash seedlings (right side of picture)

So after my garden got rototilled, I went thru and raked paths to make raised beds to plant in. I could hardly stand it - a beautiful garden with nothing in it.

I started some Boston Marrow Squash from seed earlier this month and decided they had to go in. So, with seedlings and trowel in tow, I planted 3 squash.

To protect the babies, I took a few of my mixing bowls and used them as makeshift greenhouses. They let in a bit of light, but I mostly wanted to protect from weather and cold.

mixing bowls doing double-duty as mini greenhouses!


They are doing well and I now have something planted in my garden!

Let me know how your garden is growing - send me an email or post a commentt!


PEAS OUT!
~GP

No comments:

Post a Comment

My list of Yarden Events that you need to check out!

February: Yard, Garden & Patio Show (Convention Center, Portland)

March: Plant Nerd Night (check out Mike Darcy's calendar for date/location)

April: Gardenpalooza (Fir Point Farms, Aurora); Annual Chicken Chat & Coop Tour (The Wade Creek House, Estacada)

May: Spring Garden Fair (Clackamas County Fairgrounds, Canby); Annual Garden Event @ The Wade Creek House (Estacada)

July: Cracked Pots @ Edgefield (Troutdale)

August: OAN Farwest Show (Convention Center, Portland)

September: Gathering of Gardeners (Village Green, Cottage Grove, OR)

October: Apple Tasting @ Portland Nursery (50th/Stark, Portland)