Gardening Proverb:

"To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

Monday, May 23, 2011

Caterpillarus Wierdnus!

So much for my Latin-speaking skills...


When I got close, it lifted its tail and tucked its head under!
I was out the other day checking on some of my Quaking Aspen seedlings when I came upon this curious bug... Not quite sure what flying insect this will turn into, but it looked pretty cool. I was able to snap a couple of pix, and then had to run out for an errand. When I got back, the caterpillar was gone, and so were a few of the leaves on my seedlings!

I have no idea what kind of caterpillar this is, so if anyone can identify, I would greatly appreciate it!



not  great pics, but you get the idea


here you can see the head tucked under





entire leaves and stems are gone!   BAD BUG!
PEAS OUT!
~GP

No comments:

Post a Comment

My list of Yarden Events that you need to check out!

February: Yard, Garden & Patio Show (Convention Center, Portland)

March: Plant Nerd Night (check out Mike Darcy's calendar for date/location)

April: Gardenpalooza (Fir Point Farms, Aurora); Annual Chicken Chat & Coop Tour (The Wade Creek House, Estacada)

May: Spring Garden Fair (Clackamas County Fairgrounds, Canby); Annual Garden Event @ The Wade Creek House (Estacada)

July: Cracked Pots @ Edgefield (Troutdale)

August: OAN Farwest Show (Convention Center, Portland)

September: Gathering of Gardeners (Village Green, Cottage Grove, OR)

October: Apple Tasting @ Portland Nursery (50th/Stark, Portland)